What is our intention for P.E. at High Lane Primary School?
At High Lane, we recognise the importance of PE and the role it has in promoting children’s health, wellbeing and positive lifelong attitudes to physical activity. We offer all children the opportunity to compete in sporting activities and, through this, help them learn important values of belonging, resilience and respect. We actively value both participation and excellence. We strive to inspire our pupils through fun and engaging physical education lessons that are enjoyable, challenging and inclusive to all.
Our P.E. curriculum aims to provide children with the opportunity to:
- Develop a positive, lifelong attitude towards leading healthy, active lives
- Build self-esteem and resilience through engagement in PE
- Ensure that they are physically active for sustained periods of time
- Develop curiosity in a broad range of physical activities
- Engage in competitive sporting activities with acceptance and respect
- Develop a sense of belonging and build relationships amongst the wider school community through participation in sport
PE Progression 'Road Maps'